Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alain RAVET <ar...@cirb.irisnet.be> on 2001/05/17 08:41:05 UTC

document Root, NOT document Base with Tomcat 3.2.1

=> document base =   ..\myproject\
=> document root =   ..\myproject\data\

(sorry for reposting, but my problem is becoming pretty urgent)

Hi,

I have a big problem setting the document root (NOT the same as Tomcat
document base) for a servlet running on Tomcat 3.2.1, on NT4.

I developped this servlet with JBuilder 4, and it's integrated Tomcat 3.1.
It reads files (config file for log4j, xml properties files, ...) from what
JB calls the "document base" (not the same as in Tomcat server.xml).
In my case, it is simply a subdirectory of my project main dir :
So, the servlet must have access to the files
  ..\myproject\data\conf.log4j
  ..\myproject\data\mapping.xml, etc...

=> document base =   ..\myproject\
=> document root =   ..\myproject\data\

Problem :
---------
When running on Tomcat 3.2.1 on NT, the servlet no longer reads from
.\data\,
but from %TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\.

If I copy
  ..\myproject\data\*.*
  %TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\*.*
it works fine !!

in server.xml
-------------
I added
        <Context path="/jjjy"
                 docBase="webapps\jjjy"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

, and I want the servlet to use webapps\jjjy\data\ as document root.

This must be obvious, but I can't figure it out.

Alain Ravet
Brussels, Belgium

This mail has been checked by exiscan.
To be safe, please scan the mail attachements with your local virus scanner
!