Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jayson Lorenzen <ja...@pacbell.net> on 2000/01/18 00:01:54 UTC

Tried Tomcat RPM and ...

Hi I am writing a document(piece of a book for Addison Westly) regarding
servlets and would like to include your TOMCAT product in the examples.
However I have a couple of problems. It says to notify you if the RPM has
probs.

Problems:

  The xml.jar file  (like in the /jswdk<ver>/lib/xml.jar  file is not in
this package. I put the jswdk's xml.jar in the classpath and it ran, well
kind of, but if someone does not have this file it may not work.

  Tomcat still will not run however. The classpath looks good with no
other dirs or jars from othre servlet containers in the classpath (so it
does not get version mismatch problems.) but it does not start up, or I do
not get an endpoint confirmation and localhost:8080 is not there. Here is
the startup output.

  [root@lksm700 tomcat]# ./tomcat.sh start
Using classpath:
./webserver.jar:./lib/servlet.jar:./lib/jasper.jar:./lib/xml.jar:
/usr/lib/jdk1.2/bin/../lib/tools.jar:
/usr/lib/jdk1.2/tools.jar:/usr/lib/jdk1.2/lib/dt.jar:
./:/JPython-1.1.1beta3/jpython.jar:/jswdk-1.0.1/lib/xml.jar

[root@lksm700 tomcat]# Tomcat Web Server Version 3.0
Loaded configuration from: file:/opt/tomcat/server.xml

Any help is much appreciated.

Jayson Lorenzen