Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor)" <Ac...@comcast.com> on 2016/12/14 15:40:54 UTC

log.retention attribute not working

Hi there,

Any idea why log.retention attribute is not working?  We kept log.retention.hours=6 in server.properties but we see old data are not getting deleted. We see Dec 9th data/log files are still there.
We are running this in production boxes and if it does not delete the old files our storage will be full very soon. Please help on this.

Here is the details of our configuration:

# The minimum age of a log file to be eligible for deletion
log.retention.hours=6

# A size-based retention policy for logs. Segments are pruned from the log as long as the remaining
# segments don't drop below log.retention.bytes.
#log.retention.bytes=1073741824

# The maximum size of a log segment file. When this size is reached a new log segment will be created.
log.segment.bytes=1073741824

# The interval at which log segments are checked to see if they can be deleted according
# to the retention policies
log.retention.check.interval.ms=300000

Thanks
Achintya