Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2006/01/10 02:08:02 UTC

[vote] PMD plugin 2.0-beta-1 release

All outstanding JIRA issues have been closed so I'd like to suggest a
new release.

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide
&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&pid=11140&fixfor=12176

Brett asks:

- How does its functionality compare to Maven 1.0?

Maven 1.x's PMD plugin is documented here:

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/plugins/pmd/

The only thing I think is missing is more flexibility around the source
files: source excluding, multiple source roots, etc.  CPD was added
today.  The m1 plugin did not have the capability to generate non-html
output which m2 does.

- Is this a 2.0 release? Beta release?

Personally I think it's a 2.0-beta-1.  There are no tests currently so I
would be hesitant to call this a quality release without some sort of
test suite.

mike

Re: [vote] PMD plugin 2.0-beta-1 release

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vincent

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.