Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/01 03:10:50 UTC

Re: Security vulnerabilities in kafka:2.13-2.6.0/2.7.0 docker image

Hi Ashish,
I suggested that you upgrade to V2.8.
I checked 2 of the CVEs, and are fixed (or not used, like libfetch) in
V2.8.
If you still found the CVEs existed in V2.8, please raise it.

Thank you.
Luke

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Security vulnerabilities in kafka:2.13-2.6.0/2.7.0 docker image

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashish,

CVE-2021-36159: It's a libfetch lib vulnerability. It's not Kafka's
dependency lib. I guess it's the docker's base OS image.
CVE-2019-17571: a log4j vulnerability. KAFKA-9366
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9366> is working on it.

Thank you.
Luke

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
It seems like your image does not show up on the mailing list.

best,
Colin

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashish,

Posted by Ashish Patil <as...@gm.com>.
Hi Team

I tried upgrading it to 2.13_2.8.0 but still have these vulnerabilities.

[cid:image003.jpg@01D79F3D.5BA06A20]