Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark Brown <ma...@rogers.com> on 2004/03/15 16:59:24 UTC

svnserve and xinetd

Hi,
Running Subversion 1.0.0 on Mandrake 9.1 and having trouble getting
svnserve to work with xinetd.
Added the following lines to /etc/services:

svn   3690/tcp   # Subversion
svn   3690/udp   # Subversion

and have file /etc/xinetd.d/svn:

service svn
{
    disable = no
    socket_type = stream
    protocol = tcp
    wait = no
    user = root
    instances = 1
    port = 3690
    server = /usr/bin/svnserve
    server_args = -i -r /xxx/yyy/repos
}

Trying to checkout project 'zzz' with:

svn checkout svn://localhost/zzz

Produces an message:

svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark Brown (newbie)

PS.  if svnserve is started manually with svnserve -d -r /xxx/yyy/repos
then the checkout works

Re: svnserve and xinetd

Posted by Justin Johnson <ju...@fastmail.fm>.
Don't know if this is your problem, but I had a problem where I had
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set so that all the library paths were correct, but it
failed from inetd since I didn't permanently set the library path.  The
solution was to add the appropriate libraries to /etc/ld.so.conf and run
ldconfig.  Then everything worked fine.

-Justin

Re: svnserve and xinetd

Posted by Mark Brown <ma...@rogers.com>.
Thanks for the help.  Removing the 'instances = 1' from 'service svn'
has solved the issue.

Re: svnserve and xinetd

Posted by Carey Evans <ca...@spamcop.net>.

--
"Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and
quoted."