Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by News Hunter <re...@atmuc.com> on 2004/12/23 06:53:09 UTC

which jetspeed to start a project?

i will develop a web project with jetspeed. which version is better to start
my project? is j2m1 as stable as use on web? i can not use some j1 tutorials
on j2. does it mean if i start my project with j1, i will not be able to use
it with j2?

Re: which jetspeed to start a project?

Posted by Jeff Sheets <je...@gmail.com>.
No, you can develop JSR-168 portlets for J1 Fusion, if you want to go
that route, and then deploy these to J2 later on.  That's the route
we're taking, but we've been using J1 for a while so it is more
difficult for us to switch.  Search for J1 Fusion in the mailing list,
and you'll find the setup instructions.