Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rogerdpack <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/09 16:12:33 UTC

wrong setting in the docu?

I noticed that this page:
http://activemq.apache.org/consumer-dispatch-async.html
suggests the following option: "?consumer.dispatchAsync=false"

which seems to throw (for me) this exception:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid connect parameters:
{consumer.dispatchAsync=false}

maybe the documentation should show
"?jms.dispatchAsync=false" which seems to work better?

Re: wrong setting in the docu?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 07:12 -0800, rogerdpack wrote:
> I noticed that this page:
> http://activemq.apache.org/consumer-dispatch-async.html
> suggests the following option: "?consumer.dispatchAsync=false"
>
> which seems to throw (for me) this exception:
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid connect parameters:
> {consumer.dispatchAsync=false}
>
> maybe the documentation should show
> "?jms.dispatchAsync=false" which seems to work better?

Are you setting the consumer.dispatchAsnyc on the destination used to
create the consumer, or on the connection uri?  If its on the connection
uri then the jms.dispatchAsync option would be right but on the
destination level then I'd think that the consumer.dispatchAsync is the
right one.

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121