Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Rafael U. C. Afonso" <r....@uol.com.br> on 2004/08/04 04:09:30 UTC

Tranformer collection processor

Hello:

Is there something in Collections that, given a collection
and a Transformer, return a collection of transformed
Objects?
It would be like this:

class TransformeProcessorCollection {
    private Transformer transformer;

    public TransformeProcessorCollection(Transformer trans) {
        transformer = trans;
    }

    public Collection process(Colletcion col) {
        Collection newCol = new ArrayList(col.size); // Or
some other type of Collection
        Iterator it = new TransformIterator(col.iterator(),
transformer);
        while(it.hasNext()) {
            newCol.add(it.next());
        }
        return newCol;
    }

}

If it does not exist, I would like suggest it for Commons
Collections. Something similar would be done with Closures
and Predicates.

Thanks,

Rafael Ubiratam Clemente Afonso
r.u.c.afonso@uol.com.br
Where is Debug?
Debug is on the Table!

Re: Tranformer collection processor

Posted by Kishore Senji <ks...@gmail.com>.
CollectionUtils.transform(Collection collection, Transformer
transformer); does what you have proposed