Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kogan Irina <Ir...@mchp.siemens.de> on 2003/05/06 17:33:22 UTC

Authentication framework: SQL question.

Hello everybody,

I am using TomCat and the authentication framework in Cocoon.  Does anybody
know how I can read names and passwords from the database and to compare
them to the request parameters?  I am trying to do the following in my
stylesheet called insertparameters.xsl (XSLT transformations):

<xsl:param name="name"/>
<xsl:param name="password"/>

<sql:execute-query xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
       <sql:query>select name, password from login where name =
<xsl:value-of select =    "$name"/> and password = <xsl:value-of select =
"$password"/>
       </sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>

(And I am specifying this in my sitemap:
<map:transform src="stylesheets/insertparameters.xsl"/>
<map:transform type="sql" >
      <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="dbtest" />
</map:transform>
)

This query seems to always have an empty set as an answer (even though
without the where close it works properly).  Am I getting the value of the
request parameter incorrectly? "{$name}" or saving the result of the request
parameter in the sql:parameter and then acessing it through @ did not work
either.  How can I fix this problem?

Does anybody have any examples for this kind of SQL statements (preferably
the ones for authentication framework)?

Thanks a lot!  I really appreciate your help!

Irina.