Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/07 12:27:42 UTC

Netbeans Gradle buildSrc Removal for openjfx

Hey guys, I was reading mailing list/pr discussion for an openjfx change relating to some cleanup of eclipse build configuration recently and noted the following comment about possible dropping some Netbeans configuration at the same time. Anyone on the list know if this could cause a problem for Netbeans?

https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/858#discussion_r934850607

Eric Bresie
Ebresie@gmail.com (mailto:Ebresie@gmail.com)

Re: Netbeans Gradle buildSrc Removal for openjfx

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
I believe they had Eclipse project preferences to enable/disable warnings
in the IDE to help build openjfx project.

I could be wrong and hopefully didn’t misread the thread but it sounded
like they were potentially going to remove Netbeans build files within the
openjfx codebase,  Assume that nb-project folders might go away as part of
these proposed changes.

But as you say, assume Gradle will handle most of the build part of it
and/or can always import into NetBeans as a new project with existing code,
so maybe not having that isn’t the end of the world and I’m worry over
nothing.

Eric Bresie

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric!