Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by David Bigelow <da...@simplifiedlogic.com> on 2004/11/11 21:06:37 UTC

Apache won't start with Rivet Installation..

I finally decided to experiment with Rivet.

I downloaded the latest windows binary version 0.4 from the download
page and installed it.

I get the following errors within the windows event viewer and Apache
does not start up - no errors in the error log either.

Here is what I get...

ERROR MESSAGE 1:
The Apache service named Apache.exe reported the following error:
>>> Syntax error on line 1136 of
d:/applications/apache1.3.26/apache/conf/httpd.conf: <<<
before the error.log file could be opened.
More information may be available in the error.log file.   .

ERROR MESSAGE 2:
The Apache service named Apache.exe reported the following error:
>>> Cannot load d:/applications/apache1.3.26/apache/modules/mod_rivet.so
into server: (126) The specified module could not be found: <<<
before the error.log file could be opened.
More information may be available in the error.log file.   .

Here is what was appended to the http.conf

LoadModule rivet_module modules/mod_rivet.so

<IfModule mod_rivet.c>
    RivetServerConf CacheSize 50
    AddType application/x-httpd-rivet .rvt
    AddType application/x-rivet-tcl .tcl

    Alias /rivet/ "D:/Applications/spcTclInterp/lib/rivet0.4.0/tests/"
    <Directory "D:/Applications/spcTclInterp/lib/rivet0.4.0/tests/">
        Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</IfModule>

Any ideas on this?  Eagerly awaiting your response(s).

Dave

Re: Apache won't start with Rivet Installation..

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"David Bigelow" <da...@simplifiedlogic.com> writes:

> I finally decided to experiment with Rivet.

Great:-)

> I downloaded the latest windows binary version 0.4 from the download
> page and installed it.

It does the LoadModule and AddModule calls like the other modules
listed in the httpd.conf?  I.e. something like:

LoadModule rivet_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_rivet.so

(well, using .dll...)

> I get the following errors within the windows event viewer and
> Apache does not start up - no errors in the error log either.

> Here is what I get...
>
> ERROR MESSAGE 1:
> The Apache service named Apache.exe reported the following error:
> d:/applications/apache1.3.26/apache/conf/httpd.conf: <<<
> before the error.log file could be opened.
> More information may be available in the error.log file.   .

What's that line correspond to exactly?

> ERROR MESSAGE 2:
> The Apache service named Apache.exe reported the following error:
> into server: (126) The specified module could not be found: <<<

This is odd - it's talking about a .so, whereas windows uses .dll's,
of course.  Hrm.

> before the error.log file could be opened.  More information may be
> available in the error.log file.  .

> Here is what was appended to the http.conf

> LoadModule rivet_module modules/mod_rivet.so
>
> <IfModule mod_rivet.c>
>     RivetServerConf CacheSize 50
>     AddType application/x-httpd-rivet .rvt
>     AddType application/x-rivet-tcl .tcl
>
>     Alias /rivet/ "D:/Applications/spcTclInterp/lib/rivet0.4.0/tests/"
>     <Directory "D:/Applications/spcTclInterp/lib/rivet0.4.0/tests/">
>         Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
>         AllowOverride None
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
>     </Directory>
> </IfModule>

> Any ideas on this?  Eagerly awaiting your response(s).

Any ideas, Pat?:-)

--
David N. Welton
Personal:                   http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/