Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Bill Bejeck <bb...@nearinfinity.com> on 2010/07/30 16:07:02 UTC

Migrating from Derby to MySql

Hi,

We are currently using Derby in server mode and would like to migrate to
MySql, but we would prefer to not have to re-create all of our tables in
MySql.  I have tried the following with no success

   1. I have exported the DDL and data from Derby and created a mirror copy
   in MySql. In hive-default.xml I have set auto-create-schema to false. When I
   run the "show tables" command I get 0 results.  We currently have 100+
   tables;
   2. I wiped out the what was in MySql, set auto-create-schema to true,
   then started hive and let it create the table structure.  I then copied the
   data into MySql.  When I run "show tables" now we can see all of our tables,
   but when I go to run a query, I get a table not found error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bill