Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by stlecho <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 09:25:12 UTC

[Rampart] Ignore Timestamp and Addressing from client

Hi,

I have configured the InflowSecurity parameter (extracted included
underneath) on the server side with the "Signature" item.

One of our clients is using a C# client. The SOAP request that is received
from this client contains Timestamp and Addressing related elements. This
results in an "WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed (actions
mismatch)" AxisFault.

Is there a way to "ignore" the Timestamp and Addressing related elements on
the server ?

Extract axis2.xml:
<parameter name="InflowSecurity">
  <action>
    <items>Signature</items>
    <signaturePropFile>interopin.properties</signaturePropFile>
    <signatureKeyIdentifier>DirectReference</signatureKeyIdentifier>

<signatureParts>{Element}{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Body</signatureParts>
  </action>
</parameter>

Regards, Stefan Lecho.

Re: [Rampart] Ignore Timestamp and Addressing from client

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
There's no way to ignore the Timestamp if it is sent. In that case you
should update Rampart configuration to expect the timestamp or fix the
to behave correctly according to the policy expressed by the service.

Thanks,
Ruchith

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: [Rampart] Ignore Timestamp and Addressing from client

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Rampart certainly does process timestamp at
org.apache.rampart.PolicyBasedResultsValidator#verifyTimestamp()

Also WSS4J org.apache.ws.security.processor.TimestampProcessor#handleTimestamp()
verifies the timstamp before control reaches Rampart level validation.

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

RE: [Rampart] Ignore Timestamp and Addressing from client

Posted by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com>.

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

RE: [Rampart] Ignore Timestamp and Addressing from client

Posted by stlecho <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com>.

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: [Rampart] Ignore Timestamp and Addressing from client

Posted by stlecho <st...@gmail.com>.
All,