Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/03 07:33:22 UTC

Re: [JOB] Moonshine-IDE.com is hiring contractors to bring Apache Royale to version 1.0

Too bad that this proposition is not being answered in any way. However
there is still time today submit your expectations and help this project
grow.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [JOB] Moonshine-IDE.com is hiring contractors to bring Apache Royale to version 1.0

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

It is a bit disappointing that there weren't offers, but I guess I'm not too surprised.  I think there are a couple of factors here:

1) I still think people haven't realized that no big corporation like Adobe is driving Royale.  With Adobe Flex, all you had to do is wait for the next release.  I don't think people realize that with Apache Royale, we need folks to participate.
2) I think people are busy
3) I think we haven't made it clear enough how to make a difference if you have a spare hour or two.  Where can folks go to get all of the things they need to make a 20 minute change to our docs if they only have an hour to spare?  We might need to make it easier for folks to make small contributions.  Any volunteers to help with that?

I'd help, but I'm overloaded right now with other tasks.

-Alex

On 5/3/19, 2:57 AM, "Olaf Krueger" <ma...@olafkrueger.net> wrote:

    Hi,

    for those who would like to help but think they do not have the needed
    skills:
    I think there are some tasks which could be achieved without any knowledge
    of Royale.

    E.g. the consolidation and beautification of the docs could be done without
    any knowledge of Royale.

    Just to mention it...

    Thanks,
    Olaf

    --
    Sent from: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C996a4ae6ae0846f15dff08d6cfadb21f%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636924742269897098&amp;sdata=5KblIQ728s91cmSHAoqxPBYhKPb3VH40o%2BKYU%2F9Wwuk%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: [JOB] Moonshine-IDE.com is hiring contractors to bring Apache Royale to version 1.0

Posted by Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net>.
Hi,

Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/

Re: [JOB] Moonshine-IDE.com is hiring contractors to bring Apache Royale to version 1.0

Posted by Dany Dhondt <ar...@mac.com.INVALID>.
Hi Piotr,
It’s an amazing offer and I’m sorry if there’s not much response. I am working on the doc section and spent some time on SO. I can’t meet the deadline though since my time is limited. You asked me to write an article on Royale vs React and I would like to do so but again need more time.
So I hope you’ll get more response to your call.
Succes
Dany

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
I tweet about it:

escribió:

> [...]
> >
> >    3) Be able to within 5 mouse clicks (download button, install button,
> >    launch button, build button, run button) go from having nothing on
> their
> >    machine to having an IDE (we of course volunteer Moonshine but Visual
> >    Studio Code should be a goal for this, too) on their machine with a
> >    successful build of their first "hello world".  No command line
> > nonsense.
> >    No learning NPM, Git, downloading 20 required packages.   See Royale
> >    website.  Want to try it.  5 clicks later build your Hello World.
> >
> >    If the above 3 goals are met, then the Moonshine-IDE.com team will
> run a
> >    3rd donation round of $2,500 for the month of July in a manner to the
> >    description above to bring home a 1.2 release, to be published no
> later
> >    than the end of July 2019 for the awards to be paid.

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira