Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Memo Díaz Solis <di...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/10 17:39:38 UTC

How Can I Help with the Apache Microprofile implementation

Hi All, I've been reading the mailing list and noticed that it was decided
to use smallRye in some cases. I would like to help with the Apache
implementation and as far as I understand, those are outdated.

Re: How Can I Help with the Apache Microprofile implementation

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi,

the ASF impls of the MP specifications are hosted by the Geronimo
project.

Yes - you are right. We would need to update every MP specification in
Geronimo and add / update the related implementation. That involves
finding the differences between each version, writing tests, etc.

In the end it is only a question of resources / time and priorities. If
we want to pursue this further, we would need to have some volunteers
jumping in and do the actual work over there. There was a great
discussion regarding this topic on the list in March.

For now, the main workload seems to target 9.0.0-M8 and to get our full
build + EE TCK back to the valley of green ;) - but if we would have
some more volunteers / contributors with time / resources an update of
ASF MP impls is not that far away...

Gruß
Richard