Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2015/06/17 03:51:32 UTC

Security Track for ApacheCon Core Europe?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else is interested in opening a security track for the upcoming ApacheCon Core Europe conference.  With so many different things going on inside our project with respect to security, (e.g. kerby, apacheds, api, fortress, etc), I believe we could hold many interesting talks!  Of course there are many other apache projects that have a security focus as well.  And with security being such an important concern with the Internet today...

I have so far submitted four papers that are security related.  I would be happy to share the presenter role to one or more of these talks with you - if willing to step up and participate.  :-)

Anyway please let me know what you think.

Best,

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org

Re: Security Track for ApacheCon Core Europe?

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
Thanks for your endorsements on this idea.  Per Pierre’s suggestion I am requesting edit rights to the apachecon wiki to advertise.  Stay tuned….  In the meantime, if you have any thoughts on related talks - please report back here.

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn, All,

Posted by Radovan Semancik <ra...@evolveum.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone else is interested in opening a security track
> for the upcoming ApacheCon Core Europe conference.  With so many different
> things going on inside our project with respect to security, (e.g. kerby,
> apacheds, api, fortress, etc), I believe we could hold many interesting
> talks!  Of course there are many other apache projects that have a security
> focus as well.  And with security being such an important concern with the
> Internet today...
>
> absolutely,

> I have so far submitted four papers that are security related.  I would be
> happy to share the presenter role to one or more of these talks with you -
> if willing to step up and participate.  :-)

I would love to participate at least in content preparation if not speaking
(tired of dealing with visa formalities :/)

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com