Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Blanco Emanuele <e....@reply.it> on 2008/11/24 17:39:44 UTC

clustering problems - Jackrabbit 1.4

Hi there,

I tried to upgrade Jackrabbit to 1.4.6 in my web application. It seems successful, but I still got some problems in cluster deploying. The first node deploys OK, the second gives me lots of errors like:

17:35:01,381 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 24-11 17:35:01,376 (BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:loadBundle:1228)   failed to read bundle: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe: java.lang.IllegalStateException: URIIndex not valid? javax.jcr.NamespaceException: URI for index 11 not registered.
17:35:01,425 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 24-11 17:35:01,422 (ConnectionRecoveryManager.java:logException:447)   could not execute statement, reason: ORA-00001: violata restrizione di unicità (COOPTRACE.DEFAULT_BUNDLE_IDX)
, state/code: 23000/1
17:35:01,434 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 24-11 17:35:01,429 (Oracle9PersistenceManager.java:storeBundle:127)    failed to write bundle: deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00001: violata restrizione di unicità (COOPTRACE.DEFAULT_BUNDLE_IDX)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:288)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:745)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:216)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:966)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1170)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3339)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3445)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.util.ConnectionRecoveryManager.executeStmtInternal(ConnectionRecoveryManager.java:365)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.util.ConnectionRecoveryManager.executeStmtInternal(ConnectionRecoveryManager.java:292)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.util.ConnectionRecoveryManager.executeStmt(ConnectionRecoveryManager.java:257)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.util.ConnectionRecoveryManager.executeStmt(ConnectionRecoveryManager.java:237)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager.storeBundle(Oracle9PersistenceManager.java:124)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.putBundle(AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.java:703)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.store(AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.java:643)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager.store(BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:526)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.createRootNodeState(SharedItemStateManager.java:1084)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.<init>(SharedItemStateManager.java:194)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createItemStateManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1201)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.doInitialize(RepositoryImpl.java:1753)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.initialize(RepositoryImpl.java:1724)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace(RepositoryImpl.java:576)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces(RepositoryImpl.java:415)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:305)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:557)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository$2.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:245)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.startRepository(TransientRepository.java:265)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:333)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:363)
        at org.drools.brms.server.repository.BRMSRepositoryConfiguration.newSession(BRMSRepositoryConfiguration.java:91)

and

17:35:02,054 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 24-11 17:35:02,049 (RepositoryImpl.java:initStartupWorkspaces:418)     Failed to initialize workspace 'default'
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to instantiate shared item state manager: failed to write bundle: deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe: failed to write bundle: deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.doInitialize(RepositoryImpl.java:1771)
[...]
        at org.drools.brms.server.repository.BRMSRepositoryConfiguration.create(BRMSRepositoryConfiguration.java:58)

The ORA error description is in Italian and it means that an integrity violation has occurred (I guess a duplicate primary key).

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

--
Emanuele Blanco

________________________________
--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

RE: clustering problems - Jackrabbit 1.4

Posted by Blanco Emanuele <e....@reply.it>.
It worked by copying only the initialized namespaces/ and nodetypes/ directories to the other nodes.

Maybe this should be documented in the wiki?

Thanks.

--
Emanuele Blanco

Posted by Blanco Emanuele <e....@reply.it>.
Ok, I will try to copy only namespaces and nodetypes and will let you know.

--
Emanuele Blanco

Open Reply s.r.l.
C.so Francia 110, Torino

--

Posted by sl...@excilys.com.

Posted by Sébastien Launay <se...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi all,

Alexander Klimetschek a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> the problem is most likely the first error you get: URIIndex not
> valid? javax.jcr.NamespaceException: URI for index 11 not registered.
> The following errors seem to occur because after failing to read it,
> Jackrabbit tries to create that node
> (cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe is the fixed uuid of the root
> node), which gives the duplicate primary key error, because the node
> is actually present in the database, but could not be read due to the
> namespace problem.
>
> How did you create the second cluster? Did you copy the
> repository/namespaces and repository/nodetypes directories in the
> repository directory to a fresh new cluster node? The namespaces
> directory contains the namespace index, which must be the same on all
> nodes. Clustering synchronizes them, but if you start with an empty
> cluster node and your data contains custom namespaces (or nodetypes),
> it might be required to copy these directories.

AFAIK, this is only required if you have a direct child or property with
a custom
namespace on the jcr:root node because it first load root node before
trying to
synchronize (which will declare this custom namespace).
This issue is already registered in JIRA:
--
Sébastien Launay

Re: clustering problems - Jackrabbit 1.4

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
Hi,