Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2002/08/23 16:51:15 UTC

RE: TOMCAT OUT OF MEMORY

Hi,
Can you take the suspected code out of a JSP and put it into a simple
Java command-line tester?  Then you could easily attach to a profiler,
see where that memory is going.   Plus this approach would allow you to
rule out bugs in the servlet container.

If such an approach is not feasible, you could still try attaching a
profiler to your server and seeing where the memory is going.  Profilers
like OptimizeIt will do this for you.

And finally, another type of idea: could it be that this is proper
behavior?  By that I mean, could it be that your application
legitimately needs more than 64MB of memory?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Re: TOMCAT OUT OF MEMORY

Posted by kamal Gupta <ka...@dynpro.se>.
Hi
I dont know how to test jsp code on java-command line.Also I am using Tomcat
first time. I dont know how to attach a Profiler.I am just trying Simple
Helloworld application to confirm running.Please help me sending proper
directions.

Thanks
Kamal
Can you take the suspected code out of a JSP and put it into a simple
Java command-line tester?  Then you could easily attach to a profiler,
see where that memory is going.   Plus this approach would allow you to
rule out bugs in the servlet container.

If such an approach is not feasible, you could still try attaching a
profiler to your server and seeing where the memory is going.  Profilers
like OptimizeIt will do this for you.

And finally, another type of idea: could it be that this is proper
behavior?  By that I mean, could it be that your application
legitimately needs more than 64MB of memory?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

----

sender.  Thank you.