Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it> on 2017/04/27 13:22:40 UTC

vm disappear after migration

Hi all,
we have an installation of cloudstack 4.5 on Ubuntu 16.04 with KVM as
hypervisor.

We have one zone only and an advanced network configuration with some
isolated networks.

Since a few days we have a problem while migrating some VMs from any
hypervisor to any other one, but the problem does not affect all VMs.

Some VMs migrate from an host to another but disappear from the network.
I can enter via proxy-console but it seems they are disconnected from
the network, the router is not pingable in both directions (router to vm
and vice versa). Other VMs and routers of the isolated network continue
to work.
In some cases the VMs return visible if I migrate them back to the
original host, in some other cases I have to stop and restart them.

Note that this problem has only appeared recently, we did not make
changes to network topology, the same VMs that cause problems now didn't
before.
Cloudstack doesn't log any problem...

Any ideas?

--

   U g o   V a s i    <ug...@procne.it>
   P r o c n e  s.r.l    >)

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
confidenziali ed � vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio �
destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene
gentilmente comunicazione.
Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare support@procne.it .
Rif. D.L. 196/2003

Re: vm disappear after migration

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
Hi Boris,
no errors or exceptions are logged on management or agent logs.

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Also, log onto your hypervisor hosts and run "virsh list" and see if you can find the actual VM. Are you running VRs in redundant mode?

Have you noticed any failures in the UI and/or exceptions in the management logs?

Thanks,
Boris Stoyanov

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
Shapeblue - The CloudStack Company<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
www.shapeblue.com
Background Cloudstack relies on a fixed download site when it fetches the built-in guest VM templates. That download site has historically

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
HI Ugo,