Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Jane Mariathas <ja...@wso2.com> on 2015/06/24 07:27:17 UTC

Persist data with database in Stratos

Hi ,

In Stratos there are  components called StratosManager , CloudController,
AutoScaller which has there own registry and the data stored as serialized
object, which is not an easy way to manage the data.

So after an offline discussion with Imesh we decided to persist the data in
the database as an object without serializing which is good way to manage
the data.

I would like to contribute to this issue. I have started with the
StratosManager Component and created the ER model.

I have attached the ER Model and the ER diagram for the StratosManger
Component.
Any feedback on this would be helpful

Jane Aarthy Mariathas
*Intern*,Software Engineering
jane@wso2.com

Re: Persist data with database in Stratos

Posted by Jane Mariathas <ja...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh

I'll work on that .

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>
 wrote:

> +1 for the approach.
>
> Don't we need to consider the domain model for the whole application,
> rather than component-wise? Because, some of the attributes are updated
> from different components.
> In this diagram Cluster object has cluster id only

A good point! IMO SM, CC, and AS has their own data structures to persist.
Therefore separate database structures need to be created for each
component. For an example two components should not share the same table
with write access, if they do data might get inconsistent.

Posted by Jane Mariathas <ja...@wso2.com>.
Hi Sajith,

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.
+1 for the approach.