Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Edward Choi <mp...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 03:19:03 UTC

Re: How to make a CGI with HBase?

Thanks for the reply.
Didn't know that Thrift was for such purpose.
Servlet and JSP is totally new to me. I skimmed through the concept on the internet and they look fascinating.
I think I am gonna give servlet and JSP a try.

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Hi,

Is there a very basic example on such a KISS interface towards a HBase table?

Thanks

2011/3/1 Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>:

> I'd say skip trying to shoe horn JDBC interface on HBase, and just write straight to it.
> Remember K.I.S.S.
>
> -Mike
>

>> Subject: Re: How to make a CGI with HBase?
>> From: goksron@gmail.com
>> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:06:52 -0800
>> CC: goksron@gmail.com
>> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
>>
>> Java servlets for web development with databases is a learning curve.  HBase is a learning curve. You might want to learn one at a time :)  If you code the site in Java/JSPs, you want a JDBC driver for HBase. You can code calls to HBase directly in a JSP without writing Java.
>>
>> Lance
>>

>> On Feb 28, 2011, at 6:19 PM, edward choi wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks for the reply.
>> > Didn't know that Thrift was for such purpose.
>> > Servlet and JSP is totally new to me. I skimmed through the concept on the internet and they look fascinating.
>> > I think I am gonna give servlet and JSP a try.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Niels Basjes

RE: How to make a CGI with HBase?

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by edward choi <mp...@gmail.com>.
Wow thanks for the tip. I could definitely use that.
Just like you said, I am trying to do one at a time :)
Thanks Lance.

2011년 3월 1일 오후 2:06, Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>님의 말:

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.