Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt> on 2005/03/15 13:27:11 UTC

HTML Generator / Web Service Proxy Generator difficulties

Hello, I'm trying to implement several persons' profiles in a Lenya
publication. Additionally to some static info I intend to gather some
extra info from a application that provides it in a XML format. This
application is a OAI compliant tool, so the info is dynamically
generated using a HTTP request, it's not available in a local file.
Given this, I've looked into Lenya and Cocoon documentation and found 2
similar and interesting possibilities to implement this, HTML Generator
and Web Service Proxy Generator, the first one seemed fit to my needs,
but I'm having some trouble integrating it in a Lenya publication.

Being my publication's structure something like:

People
  |-- Me
  |-- Him
  |-- Her
  |-- ...
Events
Press & Media

how can I integrate info from such a source into every person's page? Is
it possible to create a sitemap.xmap in the
pubs/(...)/live/content/people directory where I can create a pipeline
to dynamically insert that info using HTML Generator or Web Service
Proxy Generator techniques? If so, can someone point me the way of doing
this? I've been using Lenya for some time, but what concerns development
I'm a newbie.

Thanks for the attention,
Rolando

Re: HTML Generator / Web Service Proxy Generator difficulties

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Rolando Isidoro wrote:
> Being my publication's structure something like:

> People
>  |-- Me
>  |-- Him
>  |-- Her
>  |-- ...
> Events
> Press & Media
>
> how can I integrate info from such a source into every person's page? Is
> it possible to create a sitemap.xmap in the
> pubs/(...)/live/content/people directory where I can create a pipeline
> to dynamically insert that info using HTML Generator or Web Service
> Proxy Generator techniques? If so, can someone point me the way of doing
> this? I've been using Lenya for some time, but what concerns development
> I'm a newbie.

you could adjust your sample for te people doctype to contain something
like <xi:include href="cocoon:/get-person/{page-envelope:document-id}"/>

then add an internal pipeline get-person/* that fetches the remote
resource and transforms it the way you want, plus add the xinclude
transformer to the pipeline that processes your doctype.

that is the rough idea, some details might be slightly different (i
didnt test this)