Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matt Wilkie <ma...@zworg.com> on 2004/12/14 12:30:52 UTC

[users@httpd] ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed

Hi All,

I hope you folks can help get to the bottom of "(104)Connection reset by
peer:ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed" errors in the
apache error log.

The error occurs when two conditions are met: 1) htaccess authentication
is turned on, and 2) a skin other than classic is being used.

Additionally, when the error condition is present, a Mozilla/Firefox
user will likely have their comment added although they may have to add
comment or saved their edit more than once (perhaps resulting in
duplicate postings). An Internet Explorer user on the other hand will
probably not be able to comment or edit at all -- after pressing the
button the browser sits there 'receiving' indefinately.

The server environment is is Linux kernel 2.6.9, Apache/2.0.52, perl
5.8.3, and TWiki 01 Sep 2004 $Rev: 1742 $. Mod_perl, speedycgi etc are
not used or loaded.

I have STDERR redirected to a log file, but it doesn't produce any
errors related to this.

I am not the administrator of this machine, e.g. I cannot restart the
apache server, but I do have read access to the relevant configs if
necessary and can poke around via ssh.

A page which demonstrates the problem can be seen at:
http://yukongis.ca/bin/view/Sandbox/BucketFailure
and the same page using a skin which doesn't exhibit the problem:
http://yukongis.ca/bin/view/Sandbox/BucketFailure?skin=classic

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.
I am right now monitering irc://freenode/apache if you want to chat.

-matt