Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> on 1996/06/06 02:03:08 UTC

1.1b3 and things???

I'm sure we're all having fun discussing the finer aspects of
computer journalism, and explaining to whomever's watching this list
*exactly* how to break into a system running a setuid apache, but
would people mind taking ten minutes and remembering that we're in a
beta-cycle mode for Apache 1.1.

There are two patches I've asked to be reviewed over the last few
weeks, that so far, no one has actually commented on directly, though
people have discussed the procedural elements behind it. These patches
are, on ftp.apache.org:

/httpd/incoming/stars.patch: a patch to cause mod_negotiation to
  perfer non-wildcard matches over wildcarded ones of the same quality
  value.

/httpd/incoming/spath.patch: a patch to add the ServerPath directive
  to virtual hosts, and send a 400 error on HTTP/1.1+ requests without
  a hostname of some sort.

There are probably some other patches around that should be
considered, and there are also some reported bugs that should probably
be addressed, esp. having to do with inetd, it seems.

Plus, we should probably release a 1.1b3 at some point, so we can (at
some later point) release a 1.1.0 and get on with life...

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."

Re: 1.1b3 and things???

Posted by Mark J Cox <ma...@ukweb.com>.
> From: Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov>
> +1 on a freeze on Friday and release of 1.1b3 to the public on Saturday.

+1; its been many weeks since 1.1b2.

> From: Alexei Kosut
> /httpd/incoming/stars.patch: a patch to cause mod_negotiation to

+1; makes content negotiation useful with common browsers

> /httpd/incoming/spath.patch: a patch to add the ServerPath directive

Not examined

Mark