Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com> on 2017/08/23 19:49:56 UTC

Mango query with $eq operator returns no results, but $regex does

This is very strange. I have a very simple query:

{ selector: { "type": { "$eq": "client" } } }

This returns no results, but there are documents with a type value of client, and the index exists.

I try other values in the query and they all work.

I try this query instead:

{ selector: { "type": { "$regex": "client" } } }

This gives me the results I expect. Why?

Here's another strange thing. I have another version of my database on another server. I run the original query there and it works. Both servers are running version 2.0 of CouchDB. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

- Matt

Re: Mango query with $eq operator returns no results, but $regex does

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
Can you run an _explain query and show us the results. That should tell you
which index it is trying to use. The other option is to use the `use_index`
option to specify the exact index you want to use. If possible could you
create a scenario that we can test against and run ourselves? It doesn't
help right now, but we have done a ton of work on Mango around index
selection and querying. So the next release will have a much more
predictable index selector for mango.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.
Yes.

- Matt

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.
special: _id
json: type, client_id
json: last_payment
json: type
json: date
json: date, time
json: type, client_id, date
json: datetime
json: client_id
json: type, customer_name
json: customer_name

{ selector: { "type": { "$eq": "client" } } }

- Matt

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com>.

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.