Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Vyacheslav Pedak <vp...@geocities.com> on 2000/01/24 07:32:30 UTC

Problem with Tomcat and cyrillic

Hi, All.

I have some problem with cyrillic support in Tomcat.
I made JSP with cyrillic symbols in html body,
I can see they in web browser, but strings which were
generated by bean I can't see, they were corrupted.
I insert JSP directive:
<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1251" %>
Now I see characters gererated by bean, but I can't see
characters in html body. I have to encoding them as unicode
(in form &#<cod>;) to see they correctly.
I test this in FreeBSD (jdk 1.1.8) and Windows NT (jdk 1.2)

Vyacheslav Pedak