Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Liatt Ben Yaakov <li...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/09 10:46:18 UTC

My file is gone :(

When I try to open my file it just shows me pages of "######..." is there any way to get my file back?
Sent from my iPhone

Re: My file is gone :(

Posted by nasrin khaksar <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
i recommend to have at least two copy of your files.
in the crises, use the second copy.
even save one version of your work in the cloud to protect it.

On 1/10/17, Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To be clear, there is absolutely no way to recover your file as it is.
> At best, you can try to recover something from the temporary files, see:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056
> Have you made sure there was no back-up in the profile (if you had the
> option Always create a backup copy checked in the options)?
>
> Very often, it is linked to power shortage during the save operation.
>
> Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.
>
> Hagar
>

> Le 09/01/2017 à 11:46, Liatt Ben Yaakov a écrit :
>> When I try to open my file it just shows me pages of "######..." is there
>> any way to get my file back?
>> Sent from my iPhone

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Re: My file is gone :(

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

To be clear, there is absolutely no way to recover your file as it is.
At best, you can try to recover something from the temporary files, see: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056
Have you made sure there was no back-up in the profile (if you had the option Always create a backup copy checked in the options)?

Very often, it is linked to power shortage during the save operation.

Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.

Hagar

Le 09/01/2017  11:46, Liatt Ben Yaakov a crit :