Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/09/24 08:54:08 UTC

keyup and firefox

Hi,

I'm trying to "brand" my guacamole-client installation by somehow disabling the ENTER keystroke on the login page.
That's because of this bug:

Is there a simple way to ignore the ENTER key on the login form, forcing the user to use the mouse to click on the submit button?

Some way of telling Guacamole.Keyboard instance that it should assume the ENTER key is NOT held down by default?

I'm asking because most of my clients use FF.

Thanks,

Vieri

Re: keyup and firefox

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
On Sunday, September 29, 2019, 8:31:55 PM GMT+2, Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com> wrote:

> Perhaps we should be invoking reset() on the Guacamole.Keyboard instance whenever there's a $routeChangeSuccess event?

I grabbed the latest code from github.
I can confirm the issue is solved, and that the login with Firefox is OK now (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-817).

Thank you very much, Mike.

Regards,

Vieri

Re: keyup and firefox

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 7:16 AM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 4:37 AM Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>

>> On Friday, September 27, 2019, 3:37:56 AM GMT+2, Nick Couchman <
>> vnick@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I don't think this is possible just using a simple branding extension -
>> you'd have to do some modifications to the login form itself in order to
>> > affect this change.
>>
>> Right. However, I'm having trouble understanding how that can be done. I
>> tried adding javascript code to the login page to try to disable the enter
>> key, but it doesn't seem to work (not sure how to debug it). I understand
>> Guacamole uses AngularJS. I'm not used to it so I'll have to read some more
>> about that.
>>

> Yeah, off the top of my head I don't know - I would have to try a few
> things to see what would work.  I suspect that you need to intercept the
> keyboard keystrokes, check for the Enter key, and then use an
> event.preventdefault() to keep the keypress from being passed through.

Perhaps we should be invoking reset() on the Guacamole.Keyboard instance
whenever there's a $routeChangeSuccess event?

- Mike

Re: keyup and firefox

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 4:37 AM Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> On Friday, September 27, 2019, 3:37:56 AM GMT+2, Nick Couchman <
> vnick@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I don't think this is possible just using a simple branding extension -
> you'd have to do some modifications to the login form itself in order to
> > affect this change.
>
> Right. However, I'm having trouble understanding how that can be done. I
> tried adding javascript code to the login page to try to disable the enter
> key, but it doesn't seem to work (not sure how to debug it). I understand
> Guacamole uses AngularJS. I'm not used to it so I'll have to read some more
> about that.

Yeah, off the top of my head I don't know - I would have to try a few
things to see what would work.  I suspect that you need to intercept the
keyboard keystrokes, check for the Enter key, and then use an
event.preventdefault() to keep the keypress from being passed through.

-Nick

Re: keyup and firefox

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

On Friday, September 27, 2019, 3:37:56 AM GMT+2, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't think this is possible just using a simple branding extension - you'd have to do some modifications to the login form itself in order to
> affect this change.

Right. However, I'm having trouble understanding how that can be done. I tried adding javascript code to the login page to try to disable the enter key, but it doesn't seem to work (not sure how to debug it). I understand Guacamole uses AngularJS. I'm not used to it so I'll have to read some more about that.

Thanks!

Re: keyup and firefox

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.