Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tom Friday <Fr...@infogenic.net> on 2003/05/13 20:47:16 UTC

error in build.xml?

Hi guys,

I noticed strange behavior when using "ant hotdeploy".  I took a look at
the build.xml that
came with Jetspeed 1.4 beta4, and found this:

<target name="hotdeploy"  depends="compile" description="Hot deploys
Jetspe
ed classes on a local server">
        <copy todir="${deploy.war}/jetspeed/WEB-INF/classes">
       [some stuff deleted]
        </copy>
                 <copy  todir="${deploy.war}/jetspeed">

As you can see, the name "jetspeed" is hardcoded in here where I believe
it should
say ${project.name}.

I was easily able to change my build.xml and get the behavior I expected,
but I figured
a) other people might want to know about this fix if they've had problems,
and
b) someone with the ability to update this in the official version
probably ought to know.

Hope this helps.

Re: error in build.xml?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 11:47  AM, Tom Friday wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I noticed strange behavior when using "ant hotdeploy".  I took a look
> at
> the build.xml that
> came with Jetspeed 1.4 beta4, and found this:
>
> <target name="hotdeploy"  depends="compile" description="Hot deploys
> Jetspe
> ed classes on a local server">
>         <copy todir="${deploy.war}/jetspeed/WEB-INF/classes">
>        [some stuff deleted]
>         </copy>
>                  <copy  todir="${deploy.war}/jetspeed">
>
> As you can see, the name "jetspeed" is hardcoded in here where I
> believe
> it should
> say ${project.name}.

Done, thanks for the patch.
btw - if you are working on your own project, you may want to look into
the approach described in the tutorial

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software