Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/02/02 17:13:59 UTC

User docs and tutorials

Micael,

All it takes is time.  Someone will have to want to do that tutorial, and
have the time to do it.  The benefit of the Wiki is that our users can
author that sort of content collaboratively.  We can later formalize it, and
post to the main web site.

What questions do you have regarding James at the moment?

	--- Noel

RE: How to add new user into JDBC repository using James API (without using the james remotemanager)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Is there a tutorial (java sources) explaining how to add a new user into
> JDBC repository using James API (without using the james remotemanager)?

No.  If you want to use the internal James API, the best thing would be to
look at the source for the RemoteManager, and see what it does.
Alternatively, if you are using JDBC, you might want to add the user
directly via JDBC.

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com>.
Hi Jm,

I don't think there is a way to do it currently built into James. I just
wrote a class that did some JDBC work directly on the table and manage my
users like that.

KEnny