Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Knowles Atchison Jr <ka...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/08 13:54:51 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-779: Allow Source Tasks to Handle Producer Exceptions

Good morning,

I'd like to start a vote for KIP-779: Allow Source Tasks to Handle Producer
Exceptions:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-779%3A+Allow+Source+Tasks+to+Handle+Producer+Exceptions

The purpose of this KIP is to allow Source Tasks the option to "ignore"
kafka producer exceptions. After a few iterations, this is now part of the
"errors.tolerance" configuration and provides a null RecordMetadata to
commitRecord() in lieu of a new SourceTask interface method or worker
configuration item.

PR is here:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/11382

Any comments and feedback are welcome.

Knowles

Re: [VOTE] KIP-779: Allow Source Tasks to Handle Producer Exceptions

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
Hi Knowles,

No, just the update to the KIP page itself and the KIP index.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted by Knowles Atchison Jr <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for voting!