Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peter Harrison <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/14 00:33:37 UTC

Using Pelops with Cassandra 0.7.X

I know Cassandra 0.7 isn't released yet, but I was wondering if anyone
has used Pelops with the latest builds of Cassandra? I'm having some
issues, but I wanted to make sure that somebody else isn't working on
a branch of Pelops to support Cassandra 7. I have downloaded and built
the latest code from GitHub, trunk of Pelops, and this works with 6.3,
but not Cassandra Trunk. Is Pelops worth updating or should I use
other client libraries for Java such as Hector?

Re: RE: Using Pelops with Cassandra 0.7.X

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.
I can't commit. But we accept contribitions :-)

On Jul 14, 2010 3:16 PM, "Dop Sun" <su...@dopsun.com> wrote:

 Hector will released one along with 0.7, or there are any beta or alpha
before official release of 0.7?

I’m planning to update my client to work with Cassandra 0.7 trunk now, and I
have a dependency on your library. J

Dop

Posted by Peter Harrison <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Dan Washusen <da...@reactive.org> wrote:
> http://github.com/danwashusen/pelops/tree/cassandra-0.7.0

Doh - I've just finished making most of the changes for the new API.

> p.s. Pelops doesn't have any test coverage and my implicit tests (my app
> integration tests) don't touch anywhere near all of the Pelops API.

I will need to rectify this with unit tests and integration tests against
Cassandra Trunk.

> p.s.s. I've made API breaking changes to support the new 0.7.0 API and
> Dominic (the original Pelops author) hasn't had reviewed, commented or even
> looked at them yet...

Perhaps we need to invite to take over the project if he doesn't have time?

I've been using it for about a week and like using it with 6.3. I've come across
a few issues I'd like to clean up - meaningful error messages for example, with
early exit if parameters are wrong/missing.

Anyway, I'll check out your branch and see what differences there are with
what I've done already.

Re: Using Pelops with Cassandra 0.7.X

Posted by Dan Washusen <da...@reactive.org>.