Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by papu bhattcharaya <pa...@ptrsoft.com> on 2014/12/02 17:50:41 UTC

Re: Can't ping/ssh any guest from a laptop attached in same vlan - guests can talk wth each other though

Hi, ( sending same mail with attachments image- seems early mail image was not attached),
I am using cloudstack(4.4.1) with KVM host. I have a L3 switch - partitioned to 4 vlans
public(CIDR:-192.168.1.0/24)
guest vlan (CIDR:-10.0.0.0/24)
management vlan (CIDR:-10.0.1.0/24)
storage vlan (CIDR:-10.0.2.0/24)

I have a kvm host with four physical NICS that a connected in switch and each NIC is connected in each different vlan.
I have created bridge over each physical nics:-
Cloudrbr0:-ip address:-10.0.0.24 connected on the port of the switch belongs to guest vlan)
Cloudbr1:-ip address:-10.0.1.24  (connected on the port of the switch belongs to management vlan)
Cloudbr2:-ip address:-10.0.2.24 (connected on the port of the switch belongs to storage vlan)
Cloudbr3:-ip address:-192.168.1.24  (connected on the port of the switch belongs to public vlan)

I have a physical machine with four NICS and CloudStack management is installed on it and four NICS are connected in four vlans with ip.
=>I have created a zone with advanced networking and everything been success so far.

when I created two instances(guests) on kvm host,  I can ping this instances with each other.( guest1/ guest2)
i.e
Instance1:-ip address:-10.0.0.90
Instance2:-ip address:-10.0.0.91
Virtual router:-ip address:-10.0.0.4
Now when I tried to ping /ssh the guest from a laptop attached in same vlan (guest vlan) , I can’t ping guests.
>From the laptop , I can ping 10.0.0.24 ( my cloudbr0 ip – in KVM host machine) , but cant ping/ssh any guest.
There is no firewall issues - i checked.

I have attached a network diagram also for better understanding of issues.

Could you please help me so that I can ping /ssh to any guest from any machine in guest vlan.
Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Papu Bhattacharya
CEO- PTR Technologies
http://www.ptrsoft.com
91-9963111687

Posted by papu bhattcharaya <pa...@ptrsoft.com>.
Hi ,
Thanks for your kind response. Please pardon my ignorance -- but i still struggle with very basic use case -- any machine(may be laptop) in guest vlan ( i mean l3 switch vlan), how to talk or connect with guests.
Laptop <--------L3 Gusest VLAN ---------> Host - guest
ALso another use case --
L3 Gusest VLAN ---------> Host1 - guest11 /guest12 / guest13

L3 Gusest VLAN ---------> Host2 - guest21

How guest11 & guest21 talks together.

I see so far -- guest11/ guest12 /guest13 talks ..

I am sure that i am missing  some basic design issue.

I use advanced zone -- with default options - network service in virtual router only.

For guests machine to talk between hosts , do i need to have OVS?

Best Regards
Papu Bhattacharya
CEO- PTR Technologies
http://www.ptrsoft.com
91-9963111687

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Can't ping/ssh any guest from a laptop attached in same vlan - guests can talk wth each other though

Posted by Tilak Raj Singh <ti...@gmail.com>.