Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk> on 2016/10/07 09:52:11 UTC

London Lucene Hackday is now running

Hi all,

We're running a Lucene hackday in London - you can follow along with
Twitter using hashtag #LuceneSolrLondon and see what we're doing on Github
at https://github.com/flaxsearch/london-hackday-2016 - as the README shows
we're currently looking at:

   1.

   A Browser-driven explorer for Lucene indexes: “Marple”
   https://github.com/flaxsearch/marple *- sort of like Luke*
   2.

   An absolutely minimal Solr example framework *- a team to try installing
   Solr from scratch and note down problems & issues with the examples and
   guidance*
   <http://rockthecode.io/tech-events/leveraging-solr-for-website-searches-and-more/>
   3.

   Different replicas giving different result positions e.g.:
   https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201301.mbox/%3Czarafa.51006f06.0ea4.1386468330e702d7@mail.openindex.io%3E
   4.

   Streaming with Solr 6

Cheers

Charlie

Re: Rename shards ?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
That doesn't make a great deal of sense no the surface. If you're
using the default document routing is a hash of the <uniqueKey> modulo
(# shards), so there's no good way for you to put docs all from GB on
the same shard.

If you're using the "implicit router", you can simply use the
collections CREATESHARD and give it whatever name you want...

I suspect this an "XY" problem. Why do you want to name your shards?
If you tell us the use-case, perhaps we can have more cogent

Best,
Erick

Rename shards ?

Re: London Lucene Hackday is now running

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.
On the Flax blog (www.flax.co.uk/blog) eventually, but for now I've made
some notes at https://github.com/flaxsearch/london-hackday-2016 . We had 20
people on Friday in London and 15 in Boston on Tuesday, everyone seemed to
enjoy themselves - and we made some real progress on a number of issues.
Someone has already suggested this should be a regular event before Lucene
Revolution!

Cheers

Charlie

Posted by ha...@yahoo.com.INVALID.

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
That was great fun, especially being able to talk to contributors and
committers without them running of to another (or their own)
presentation.

Just as a quick update for Jira reports, JIRA does allow some of the
additional information I need (with expand flag).

However, http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com/ now supports some of
the facets that were impossible in JIRA itself AND has access to full
dump, so I am going to experiment with that for a bit before doing
full-report generation project. You can see the details at:
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2016/10/jiraseseach-20-dog-food-using-lucene-to.html

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Solr Example reading group is starting November 2016, join us at
http://j.mp/SolrERG
http://www.solr-start.com/

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.