Posted to user@drill.apache.org by ganesh <g4...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/17 06:50:15 UTC

APACHE DRILL : Connect with Hadoop File System // hdfs

Hello,

I am new to Apache Drill and need some help. I am able to connect to Local
File systema nd Hive and query the files/ tables respectively.

But I want to access file on Hadoop. For that I created a new Storage
Plugin, (copied from default dfs) as "hadoop" and changed connection as:

"connection": "file:///",  *ß**-----------  "connection" :
"hdfs://192.168.108.133:8020/ <http://192.168.108.133:8020/>",*

Now when I am checking data from DRILL Explorer, its giving connection
error.
I tried to run query after selecting:
*use hadoop;*
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select * from hadoop.`/user/hduser/drill_1.csv`;
Oct 16, 2015 9:35:15 PM
org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException <init>
SEVERE: org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException: Table
'hadoop./user/hduser/drill_1.csv' not found
Oct 16, 2015 9:35:15 PM org.apache.calcite.runtime.CalciteException <init>
SEVERE: org.apache.calcite.runtime.CalciteContextException: From line 1,
column 15 to line 1, column 20: Table 'hadoop./user/hduser/drill_1.csv' not
found
Error: PARSE ERROR: From line 1, column 15 to line 1, column 20: Table
'hadoop./user/hduser/drill_1.csv' not found

[Error Id: b97de3f1-d190-48ac-b2f1-a1fb23493fbf on ubuntu:31010]
(state=,code=0)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local>

Unable to get much help for this on Internet.
I changed port number to:
*50070*  ------------> namenode which I can successfully access as:
http://localhost:50070/dfshealth.html#tab-overview

*54310*  -----------------> /home/hduser/hadoop/etc/hadoop/core-site.xml

None of these working. Please help

--
*Name: Ganesh Semalty*
*Location: Gurgaon,Haryana(India)*

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail - SAVE TREE.*

Re: APACHE DRILL : Connect with Hadoop File System // hdfs

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ab...@gmail.com>.
My bad. I realized that once i switched modes, content of my dfs plugin
changed to point to local FS. So Ganesh, please ignore my comments.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@mapr.com>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geercken, Uwe" <Uw...@swissport.com>.