Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> on 2003/07/09 15:45:07 UTC

[Fwd: [vote] XMLBeans to enter XML incubation [was: Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal in the XML Project (was RE: Vote for XMLBeans proposal)]]

Committers, please cast your vote: you can use this list, I will take
care of summing all up and send it to the appropriate place(s).

Gianugo

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Gianugo Rabellino

Re: [Fwd: [vote] XMLBeans to enter XML incubation [was: Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal in the XML Project (was RE: Vote for XMLBeans proposal)]]

Posted by Murray Altheim <m....@open.ac.uk>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Murray Altheim wrote:
>
>> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>>
>>> Committers, please cast your vote: you can use this list, I will take
>>> care of summing all up and send it to the appropriate place(s).
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> Just for clarification, does acceptance of this project (+!) indicate
>> any changes on Xindice? or is this really just a bigger issue on
>> whether xml.apache takes it on?
>
> There will be no change at all for Xindice. The xml.apache.org charter
> specifies that accepting new projects requires a majority vote from all
> xml committers, this is why your opinion is requested.

Thanks for the clarification -- please record my vote as +1.

Murray

Murray Altheim                         http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK                    .

           "The current and future international political
            environment severely constrains this country's
            ability to conduct long-range strike missions." -- DARPA
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3035332.stm

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Murray Altheim <m....@open.ac.uk>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Committers, please cast your vote: you can use this list, I will take
> care of summing all up and send it to the appropriate place(s).
>
> Thanks,

Just for clarification, does acceptance of this project (+!) indicate
any changes on Xindice? or is this really just a bigger issue on
whether xml.apache takes it on?

If there are no changes necessary or implied for Xindice itself, I'm +1.
If there are changes, I'm -1.

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com>.
This seems to be the only complete project I've seen accomplishing
Object/XML, with Schema support.  In addition, XQueries on objects.
Maybe at some point we can look into the XQuery implementation for
ideas.  I'm not sure how the Marshalling/Unmarshalling might cross
boundaries with such projects as commons-betwixt or commons-digester.  I
hope that projects won't be allowed to proliferate, without the big
picture thought of cooperation/collaboration.

+1
Kevin Ross

Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:16:39 +0200
From: Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>
To: general@xml.apache.org
CC: general@incubator.apache.org, general@jakarta.apache.org,
general@ws.apache.org

On 8/07/2003 9:29 Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> On behalf of the other committers, I would like to ask the XML PMC to
> consider accepting XMLBeans into the XML project.  We expect to
address
> any remaining concerns that the community has during the incubation
> period.

Dear committers,

as outlined in the xml.apache.org charter (section 6.2), and in
collaboration with the Incubator
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/STATUS?rev=HEAD)

Subject to:

  To: root@apache.org