Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/18 12:28:55 UTC

checking the license file

I just checked the LICENSE file against the lib directory of RC1c.
I'm sure this process could be more automated given time,  but for
reference here's what I did

cd lib
ls | sed "s/[0-9\.]*\.jar//" > libnoversion.txt

then I hand finessed the list to remove more complex version tags such
as beta1 or incubating

then in a bash window

$ for i in `cat libsnoversion.txt`; do echo $i ; grep -c $i LICENSE ;
grep $i LICENSE ; echo ================= ; done > jarrefcount.txt

I then looked for grep counts of 0 to spot missing references,  and
where references existed that contained version number I verified by
eye that the version numbers matched.

Like I say, this could be done better given a bit of time,  but I
thought it might be worth recording this as a basis for improvement
and for adding to release process docs.

Kelvin.

Re: checking the license file

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@thegoodsons.org.uk>.
a few,  i checked in the changes about an hour ago.

Kelvin.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.