Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/10 18:13:28 UTC

[users@httpd] using mod_custom_header module.

Hi All,
Please guide me in printing the Client ip address using mod_custom_header
module ?Any standard  LogFromat configuration do we have for this ?
Also would like to know about the directive "X-LB-CLIENT-IP" and what way it
is different from "X-Forwarded-For"?

Thanks in advance.
-A

Re: [users@httpd] using mod_custom_header module.

Posted by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com>.
We are using Netscaler VIP.So when a request comes instead of Client IP it
puts its own IP and forwarded the request to the backend. We do have the
option to use "X-Forarded-For" but again it appends the different hops to
it.We want the IP adress from where the request has come to Netscaler.So we
would like to get that particular ip address.So wondering if we can use
mod_custom_header module in this case?

Thanks in advance.
-A.

Posted by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com>.