Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 14:27:52 UTC

Fwd: svn commit: r1343390 - /pivot/branches/2.0.x/

Hi all,
as you can see from below Pivot 2.0.x has been put in maintenance
mode, so we can safely start to develod features for 2.1 (now on
trunk).

As many know, 2.1 will contain some long-awaited enhancements, and put
some work to start abstracting the graphic subsystem (currently we use
AWT / Java2D). Note that 2.1 could have some not-compatible changes,
but we have a mid-term timeframe for it (I don't think to be released
before the end of this year).

And now the critical point:
you know that we are a small team, so we have to focus on really
critical/important features/improvements.
So to ensure that many tickets currently assigned will be resolved we
need a community effort, or they will be delayed to 2.1 (or maybe
later) ... I'm sorry but we can't do better than this in the current
situation.

So my plan now is to resolve ONLY critical/important in 2.0.x (for a
later 2.0.3), and move all others.
And then of course port them even in 2.1 (trunk).

Tell me for comments, suggestions, etc ...
Of course if someone has applications that NEED some tickets to be
resolved please tell us, but remember that we need your help to
identify and test issues, otherwise things gets slower ...

And now a good point:
someone has put code in our apache-extras subprojects because at that
time it wasn't possible (for many reasons, for example incompatible
changes) to put inside core Pivot ... if someone thinks to have
something really useful in core Pivot please tell us, but note that in
this case a formal process (sign ICLA, check license and other legal
parts) must be done right.

Bye,
Sandro

Date: Mon May 28 21:06:43 2012