Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2007/06/22 20:09:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r549767 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/pagination/ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/ test/layoutengine/standard-testcases/

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 10:26:46AM -0000, cbowditch@apache.org wrote:
> Author: cbowditch
> Date: Fri Jun 22 03:26:39 2007
> New Revision: 549767

> Log:
> Bugzilla #42576
> Fix bug in force-page-count
> Submitted by Adrian Cumiskey <dev.at.cumiskey.com>

> -        log.debug("Starting layout");
> +        if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
> +            log.debug("Starting layout");

I believe this is a bit overdone. log.isDebugEnabled() is useful to
avoid an appreciable amount of work in cases where the result is not
used. Here the amount of work of the avoided debug message is equal to
the amount of work to test the condition.

Simon Pepping

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu