Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by mc...@ct.astro.it on 2004/11/09 01:19:22 UTC

notes on doc

in the wininstall-guide, section "installation with simple axis server",
you shuold add
+++
Copy libexpat.dll file from [EXPAT_EXTRACT]\Libs to [AXISCPP_DEPLOY]/lib/
Copy xerces-c_2_2_0.dll from [XERCES_EXTRACT]/bin/ to [AXISCPP_DEPLOY]/lib/
+++

lines present in section "installation with Apache...".

It should also be added the notes on editing axiscpp.conf and server.wsdd

Marco

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by ra...@opensource.lk.

Hi,

Yep that's a good idea.

Rangika

hi,

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi,

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi,

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Rangika,
   In Linux install doc, we first tell the user how to set AXISCPP_DEPLOY and AXISCPP_HOME
variables and then use those to explain the rest of the actions. e.g. " A sample configuration
file named axiscpp.conf_linux is installed in $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc folder."

   If we want to talk about another folder we use something like
"--with-xercesc=/path/to/xerces-c".

   The moment I read the Win install gude, I thought that you guys (or girls) are using a differnt
env. var. named AXIS_FOLDER. May be you have used this correctly, however, most of the users skim
throuhg the doc and try to get it up and running. Hence those *conventions* are at times important
to make the docs more user friendly. There is nothing wrong using AXIS_FOLDER. But it is better to
use AXISCPP_DEPLOY like the Linux doc has done.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi,

When I went through the windows-installation-guide, I noticed the
following.

In certain places it refers as :

..... and copy it to AXIS_FOLDER/lib

and at some places it refers as :

... Copy libexpat.dll file from [EXPAT_EXTRACT]\Libs to
[AXISCPP_DEPLOY]/lib/

Here I think in the above it is better if we use only one term, i.e use
"AXIS_FOLDER" only, instead of mixing it in different places with
"AXISCPP_DEPLOY".

Note: The "AXISCPP_DEPLOY" is a environment varialble used by Axis C++.

I think it would be good to maintain the consistency in the docs.

I am not sure whether this mix up is in the windows-user-guide also. I
didn't check it.

Roshan

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 10:36, rangika@opensource.lk wrote:

> Hi Marco,
>
> Thanx alot for pointing out those issues.I went through the win install
> guide & found out the issues that you pointed out. I will do the necessary
> changes to the site.
>
> Rangika
>
> hi Marco,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for pointing out issues. Yes you can post the issues of
> > this nature in this mailing list. Or may be even you can post it in Axis
> > Developer mailing list.
> >
> > Roshan
> >
> > On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 06:23, mcomp@ct.astro.it wrote:
> >> ops,
> >>
> >> In section "running provided examples"
> >>
> >> the path to *.exe should be AXIS_FOLDER\bin and not AXIS\c\bin.
> >>
> >> Is this the right mailing list for this kind of notes?
> >>
> >> Marco

> >> server",
> >> [AXISCPP_DEPLOY]/lib/

> >> server.wsdd

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by ra...@opensource.lk.

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi Marco,

Thanks a lot for pointing out issues. Yes you can post the issues of
this nature in this mailing list. Or may be even you can post it in Axis
Developer mailing list.

Roshan

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 06:23, mcomp@ct.astro.it wrote:
> ops,
>
> In section "running provided examples"
>
> the path to *.exe should be AXIS_FOLDER\bin and not AXIS\c\bin.
>
> Is this the right mailing list for this kind of notes?
>
> Marco
>
> > in the wininstall-guide, section "installation with simple axis server",
> > you shuold add
> > +++
> > Copy libexpat.dll file from [EXPAT_EXTRACT]\Libs to [AXISCPP_DEPLOY]/lib/
> > Copy xerces-c_2_2_0.dll from [XERCES_EXTRACT]/bin/ to
> > [AXISCPP_DEPLOY]/lib/
> > +++
> >
> > lines present in section "installation with Apache...".
> >
> > It should also be added the notes on editing axiscpp.conf and server.wsdd
> >
> > Marco

Re: notes on doc (win)

Posted by mc...@ct.astro.it.