Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jon Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/19 21:58:54 UTC

Tapestry 5.4-beta-2 quickstart app

Hi,

I want to:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://tapestry.apache.org

for *5.4-beta-2* tapestry

which, I've found sources for the archetype here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/tapestry/quickstart/5.4-beta-2/

Is it possible to generate the 5.4-beta-2 archetype simply from the command
line, like something similar to the above mentioned mvn command (that only
currently works for 5.3.7 Tapestry & older)?

Sorry if this is a short coming in my maven knowledge and has nothing to do
with tapestry. Even so, this seems like knowledge other tapestry users
would find useful.

thanks
Jon

RE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-2 quickstart app

Posted by Бауэр Владимир Валерьевич <VV...@sberbank.ru>.
Archetype № 2 is cool, but not Tapestry 5.4 beta quickstart.

Here is better advise:
Copy paste from https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/tapestry/quickstart/5.4-beta-2/
to your local maven repository, maintain folder structure of cource.
Then copy following xml file from http://tapestry.apache.org/archetype-catalog.xml to your maven home root directory.
i.e. to  ~/.m2
You need to edit archetype-catalog.xml a little bit:
Just add the following entry:
                <archetype>
                        <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
                        <artifactId>quickstart</artifactId>
                        <version>5.4-beta-2</version>
                        <description>Tapestry 5 Quickstart Project</description>
                </archetype>
save.
Finally issue maven command:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local

maven will pick up 5.4-beta-2 quickstart from the local repo.
Hope this helped)
Cheers,
Vladimir Bauer

Posted by Alejandro Scandroli <al...@gmail.com>.