Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by cobse <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/05 22:17:40 UTC

Display Objects of BeanClass in Grid

I am using Tapestr5.2.

I have a BeanClass "User" which has an object inside it i.e "Address".

Now I want to display the User info and also the address info in

but it says "User does not contain a property named 'address.street'."

Please let me know what wrong i am doing here.

Thanks,
Cobse

Re: Display Objects of BeanClass in Grid

Posted by cobse <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! It works :)

But how do i implement the same thing for Enums.

I have a Enum Class and i want to display the enums in a grid form.

5.2 works fine in displaying enums but 5.1.0.5 is not displaying enums name.

Re: Display Objects of BeanClass in Grid

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Behind the scenes for Grid, BeanEditor and BeanDisplay is the
BeanModel class, a description of the properties of the object to be
displayed.

Most of the time, Tapestry creates this BeanModel for you, using the
BeanModelSource service.

The best way to accomplish what you want is to get the BeanModel from
the BeanModelSource and then extend it: add new properties to it (you
may need to use the PropertyConduitSource as well).

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 7:38 PM, ningdh <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my understanding, String, int,boolean.. Enum etc. are visible.
>
> For you own "Address", should try "add" instead of "include" and provide relevant block yourself.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Display Objects of BeanClass in Grid

Posted by ningdh <ni...@gmail.com>.