Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Andrew Bayer <ab...@apache.org> on 2015/12/30 16:57:14 UTC

DeltaSpike and Jenkins - please stop running excessive builds

I discovered today while checking on load on builds.apache.org that not
only does DeltaSpike have a huge number of jobs that poll and run whenever
there's a change in Git - all those jobs are then kicked off *again* by
https://builds.apache.org/job/DeltaSpike%20Deploy/, which is kicked off by
the same polling! The end result is running 50 or so jobs *twice*, taking
half an hour or so each, for every single change that goes into DeltaSpike.
Please, please, please fix this to only trigger your jobs once each, not
twice, and ideally, it'd be great if you could rationalize your jobs and
cut down the number of jobs, so as not to hog basically all the available
slots for non-Hadoop-related jobs on builds.apache.org. Thanks.

A.

Re: DeltaSpike and Jenkins - please stop running excessive builds

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
@john:
harald wrote about the inconsistent jenkins-setup some days ago.
(it just takes some time to align the execution, because we have/need that
many jenkins-jobs.)

regards,
gerhard

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.