Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by ch huang <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/15 10:34:19 UTC

question about search log use yarn command

hi,mailist:

          doc say

          $ $HADOOP_YARN_HOME/bin/yarn logs
Retrieve logs for completed YARN applications.
usage: yarn logs -applicationId <application ID> [OPTIONS]
general options are:
-appOwner <Application Owner>   AppOwner (assumed to be current user if
                                not specified)
-containerId <Container ID>     ContainerId (must be specified if node
                                address is specified)
-nodeAddress <Node Address>     NodeAddress in the format nodename:port
                                (must be specified if container id is
                                specified)

my question is if i want see NM1 log NodeAddress nodename is NM1,how can i
get the port? another question is about containerId,how can i know the
containerId? any list info can search ?

Re: question about search log use yarn command

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
You first need set "*yarn.log-aggregation-enable" *to true in yarn-site.xml
to enable using "yarn logs" retrieve logs,

To your first question, the port you can see in RM's web UI, typically in
RM_address:8088, check the "available nodes" and find the host/port of NMs.
To your 2nd question, if you're not sure about this, you can checkout the
whole application log with all containers (don't use -containerId and
-nodeAddress) and find what you interested.

Thanks,
Wangda

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,