Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Ian Kundil <Ia...@tgs-systems.com> on 2004/08/27 21:50:43 UTC

Logical Content

Hi All,
I've inserted new context - Logical Diagnostic Context (LDC), hope it
will be inserted in the version. I find it very useful to be able trace
calls across multiple threads, especially in web application that spawns
multiple working threads or uses thread pool to execute work. LDC simply
sets key in the CallContext and that key may be retrieved by logger in
other thread. It works exactly as MDC. The pattern for LDC is '%ldc' or
'%T'.
Following files changes/added:

L:\LogSystem\log4net\Core\LoggingEvent.cs
L:\LogSystem\log4net\Layout\Pattern\LdcPaternConverter.cs
L:\LogSystem\log4net\Layout\PatternLayout.cs
L:\LogSystem\log4net\LDC.cs

Thanks,
Ian