Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2005/11/18 22:27:19 UTC

[m2] Installing 3rd Party Jars with POMs

I've read the GSG page for installing 3rd party jars, but it says
nothing about how to get a corresponding POM installed along with the
.jar.  Is there a way for me to install a POM I've created for the jar
at the same time, or is everyone pretty much copying that in by hand.
Should I file an enhancement issue for the install plugin to allow this?

..David..

Re: [m2] Installing 3rd Party Jars with POMs

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/19/05, sockmonk@gmail.com <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran into the same issue: installed a 3rd party jar, but need to add a
> generic pom for it. I tried adding the parameter you suggested, but it seems
> to have failed silently: the jar was installed, but still no .pom file.

I think 'generatePom' option is only available if you build the
install plugin from source.  Unless there's a snapshot available. (?)

--
Wendy

Re: [m2] Installing 3rd Party Jars with POMs

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
I ran into the same issue: installed a 3rd party jar, but need to add a
generic pom for it. I tried adding the parameter you suggested, but it seems
to have failed silently: the jar was installed, but still no .pom file.

Here's the full command line I used:
/usr/local/maven/bin/mvn install:install-file -Dfile=
mysql-connector-java-3.1.11-bin.jar -DgroupId=mysql-connector-java \
-DartifactId=mysql-connector-java -Dversion=3.1.11 -Dpackaging=jar
-DgeneratePom=true

I tried the second step anyway thinking it might have hidden the .pom file
in a tmp directory somewhere and it just needed to be installed, but that
doesn't seem to be the case. the install:install-file nees a -file argument;
passing it the name of the .jar file just creates a .pom file that IS the
.jar file but renamed, omitting the -file argument makes the operation fail.
Looks like it ought to be the name of the .pom file that was supposed to be
created by the first step.

Can anyone spot what I'm missing? Thanks,

Wes

--
sockmonk

Re: [m2] Installing 3rd Party Jars with POMs

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi,