Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Maxime00 <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2014/09/26 13:41:03 UTC

[Problem] Attribute not found

Hello, I have a weird issue in my tests. I have a html file with that line :

wich is supposed to add a question circle in my page.
When I run my tests, I do :

public void testWicketExist() throws Exception {
        // GIVEN : Page was created
        // Page creation
        ModuleCreatePanel panel = new ModuleCreatePanel("test", new
PageParameters());
        // WHEN : render a module table panel
        panel = this.tester.startComponentInPage(panel);
        WicketHelper.printChildrenTree(this.tester.getLastRenderedPage());
        // THEN : check the value in the attribute
        WicketHelper
                .assertAttribute(
                        "link must have the expected class!",
                        "fa fa-question-circle",
                        this.tester

.getComponentFromLastRenderedPage("test:newModulePanel:moduleCreateForm:address-helper"),
                        "class");
    }

But the WicketHelper.assertAttribute can't find it. Would you know why ?
(the path is fine, I displayed it with
WicketHelper.printChildrenTree(this.tester.getLastRenderedPage()); )

Re: [Problem] Attribute not found

Posted by Maxime00 <ma...@hotmail.com>.
We chose to use java instead, thank you for your help. (we couldn't find
where the error is)

Re: [Problem] Attribute not found

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Use org.apache.wicket.util.tester.BaseWicketTester#getLastResponseAsString()
to print the response. Make sure the element is there.
If it is there then fire the debugger and see why getTagByWicketId()
doesn't see it. Then file a bug at JIRA.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by Maxime00 <ma...@hotmail.com>.
It is false :(
Another idea ?

Re: [Problem] Attribute not found

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
See IMarkupSettings#setStripWicketTags().
It has to be 'false' to be able to use tester.getTagByWicketId().

Posted by Maxime00 <ma...@hotmail.com>.
We used :

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

WicketHelper is your own class. We cannot know how it works.
You can use WicketTester.getTagBy(Wicket)Id() instead.