Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Julien Massiera <ju...@francelabs.com> on 2021/12/08 13:12:21 UTC

Warn log signification

Hi,

sometimes we see a lot of this warning message in the logs of Tika Server:

WARN 2021-12-08 10:19:06,497 (main) -
Tika-server|Tika-server|tika.server.TikaServerWatchDog|Received
non-operating status from child: HIT_MAX

I would like to know its signification and if there is something to
worry about ?

Thanks for the help !

Julien

Re: Warn log signification

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
That means that the forked process has hit the maximum number of files
before a required restart. The idea is to periodically restart the worker
processes to avoid slow building memory leaks in long running processes (if
any parsers are behaving badly).

You can change the number of files at which to restart via the tikaConfig.

If the forked processes aren’t restarting or if they’re not available for
several minutes during a restart that would be a serious problem.